03 Nov Top 10: Shades of Persimmon
This post was written by a design consultant on the down2earth interior design team.
At this time of the year, social media is full of carved pumpkins, pumpkin spice latte, Halloween costumes, and apple cinnamon fragrances. However, in fall, my favorite fruit (less known in North America) is persimmon. A couple of years ago on a trip to Japan, I was introduced to freshly picked persimmon, dried persimmon, persimmon ice cream, soup served in a persimmon, persimmon cake, persimmon vinegar. The list can go on and on and on.
The shades of persimmon are a popular design trend for autumn. At d2e, we are interested in enduring design, rather than trends, but we find that persimmon is a really beautiful color year-round, especially when teamed with a contrasting color or material. I have put together a collection of some of my favorite interior inspirations that are trending on the social media channels.
1. Spicy front door – changing your main entry door color can have a very warm and welcoming impact to your guests and neighbors.
2. Burnt orange velvet sofa – finding the right sofa for your space and budget begins with deciding what type and style you want. A warm velvet orange sofa is versatile and pairs well with many materials such as dark leather, cool metal, rattan, marble, and various types of wood.
3. Bold art – in a cozy seating area the fine art complements well the neutral and cool hues found in the grey rug and blue velvet chairs.
4. Single chair – the velvet fire orange chair paired with a contemporary lamp are creating a cozy and elegant nook.
5. Happy bedroom – the geometric headboard is the first design element that captures your eye, but take a look at the other details, like the terracotta floor and the curvilinear pattern on the bed throw.
6. Murano glass chandelier – layers of lighting are essential in any space. Go for a colorful coral fixture that makes a memorable statement.
7. Unexpected library – in a white painted house a deep rusty brown built in library becomes a surprise and an inspirational spot to work, read, or relax.
8. Charming parlor – My favorite style is to combine vintage finds with a modern item to create timeless design. This seating area has an impressive collection of vintage art that spans various styles and it is rounded off with a velvety settee and a pair of geometrical upholstered chairs.
9. Bathroom – the subtle Marigold color window frame becomes the focal point and works well with the blue ceiling and the black floor.
10. Orange kitchen stools – the dark kitchen walls create depth on this small size kitchen and the stools add an extra dimension to the space.
Please tell us in the comments section what is your favorite pick from our top 10 fall interior design inspiration selections or share your autumn pick with us!